Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Getting Started

Hello!!
We are Dave, Jen and Sophia Gustafson! A lot of people have been asking us to start a blog to keep them updated on what's going on with us and to see new pictures of Sophia, so here it is... finally.
A little bit about us: Dave works as an engineer/ paint department manager at Quality Manufacturing in Urbandale. He's worked there for about 4 years now. They design and paint a lot of different things, but focus primarily on John Deere parts. He works long hours (usually from around 6:00am to 6:00pm), so, he's a pretty busy guy!
A couple of weeks ago, I quit my job working as a case manager for people with disabilities in order to stay home with Sophie, as a stay at home mom. I am SO excited about doing this!! I was totally born to be a mommy! :) And after all we went through to get Sophia in our arms I don't want to miss one single moment. In losing our other babies, God's taught me a lot about making the most of every moment and treasuring it... because we never know how long we'll have someone. I miss work and my clients a little, but man, there is nothing compared to being able to hang out with our baby and watch her discover new things and learn cool new tricks!
Sophia Grace was born May 3rd, 2008. She was 7lbs 4 oz and 19 3/4 inches. She's practically perfect in every way and is such a HUGE miracle for us! She is absolutely the love of our lives!! Everything went fairly well with the pregnancy- with very few complications--- huge relief! Sophie is now 10 weeks old and is learning all sorts of new things!! Last week she learned how to roll over from her tummy to her back. She got so excited (she really hates tummy time) and did it the rest of the night. Of course, rolling over is extrememly strenuous on a baby, :) so she then took a 3 hour nap- woke up and ate, and slept the rest of the night! I think we might do a rolling over workout every night before bed!

Dave holding Sophie for the first time

getting her footprints

Jen holding Sophie for the first time

Proud Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds


Proud Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson

LOVE this picture!! Dave's huge head and Sophia looks like a doll!









2 comments:

Mandi said...

Jen! Yay! I saw you post this blog on facebook so I had to check it out - I love keeping up with other family bloggers! So kudos to you for starting this blog :-) I love it!

*PS We sign our lease tomorrow!

Shannon/Jodi said...

I'm so excited you're blogging! It's the perfect way for me to snoop into other people's lives. We miss you guys so much, and had a great time at Hickory Park with you! I'll check back often.