Saturday, August 8, 2009

human sponge

Just an update on what's going on around here.

Sophie's doing great! She is 15 months old now and continues to "wow " us everyday with all of the new things she has learned and picked up. She is like a sponge-- everything we do, she does. Everything we say, she tries to say; facial expressions, body language, moods... everything.

She is also beginning to have quite the little vocabulary.
Here are the words we've heard her say so far-- although they may not be understood by anyone else: :)
dada, daddy, mama, papa, nana (meaning both grandma and banana), hi, cookie, eyes, nose, mou (mouth), cracker, sit, up, done, please, no, yesssss, book, puppy, gog (dog), belbow (elbow), ear, shoes, socks, pop, juice, wawa (water), bop, bonk, kiss, ni-ni(night- night), suit (swimsuit), Oh no, oh my, hum (ho hum), n-ter (Hunter.. her cousin), Ella (her friend), watch, whasat (what's that), thereyar (there you are), peek, boo, gurt (yogurt), ish (fish), bye-bye, uh-oh, saya (Sarah-auntie), bubbles, ball, gitcha (get you), and I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this.

We have also been working on animal sounds; Sophie can now make the animal sounds for the following animals: lion, monkey, sheep, horse, cow, cat, dog, bird, chicken, snake, duck, and occasionally a donkey-- although I've yet to actually get her to do all of the animals on video and she refuses to do it for people when I want her to... especially Jacob.

No comments: