Saturday, March 7, 2009

8 STEPS

8 steps: that's her record. Sophia can now walk 8 steps without anyone holding on to her. Never when I want her to, of course... but only when SHE thinks it's necessary.
Yesterday we went to the doctor's office to get some meds for an ear infection. The nurse had just asked "so, she's not walking or anything yet, is she?" I laughed and said... "no, no... not even interested in trying to yet on her own." and the nurse walked out. As soon as the door closed, Sophia let go of the chair she was holding on to and took 3 steps over to me... all on her own! Go Sophie!!! She sure showed me! I was so proud of her that day! I called everyone! She's been "cruising" around things for a couple of months already, but had not yet mustered the courage to let go and walk by herself yet. I was not really prepared for that occasion yet either, after all... she was only 10 months old.
I really debated whether I should tell Dave or let him "discover" it on his own... but I couldn't contain myself. He was SO excited... I called him and work and I could hear his proud smile in his voice as he talked. I love that!! **sigh**
She's been a little stubborn about walking for other people (particularly Grandpa Reynolds and Uncle Jacob and Auntie Sarah) but we're getting there.
In the mean time, she is becoming exceptionally fast at crawling and cruising and has now mastered going up the stairs without falling. (We're still working on going down).
She now tries to pull herself up on me wherever I am and try to walk hanging on to my leg. While this is completely adorable and I love it, I now live in constant fear of the possibility of being depantsed at any given moment.


Here's a video of Sophie being a little too tired (stubborn) to walk. :) But this is the only one I've uploaded so far.

No comments: